Saturday, May 30, 2009

Every Other Saturday

If it's every other Saturday today, it must be podcast day. Episode #5 is up! As well, I've started a new podcast notes page. There's a link in my sidebar. There, you'll find pictures of some of the things I talk about, as well as links to books and patterns I mention in the show.

On the knitting front, for all intents and purposes, the baby dress is finished! I'll be taking it with me to Sit and Stitch this afternoon, where I'll try to finish the sewing up. Then, all that remains is to crochet the button band and buttonhole band; the bands are nothing more than a couple rows of single crochet around the entire back opening, with loops in the last row, for buttonholes. I'll be on the hunt for pink ribbon to match the pink yarn, and that will finish the dress off. Once I have everything together, I'll take pictures.

All I have to do now is wait until this little girl puts in her appearance, some time in August. 

So, what do you knit when the weather turns hot? It's been gorgeous, sunny and warm this week... lace? Cotton? How about alpaca? Yup, that's what I've been working on. In particular, I've picked up the Ropes & Picots cardigan again and am really enjoying working on it. I have the right front completely finished now; originally, I was going to get the fronts and back panel all to the armhole shaping, put them on a circular needle and work all the shaping at the same time. I've changed my mind. I'll just finish one piece at a time; it's a little less bulky and easier to handle, and it just feels like it's faster. I'll take pictures sometime this weekend.

In the meantime, I've got some tidying up to do here in the apartment. This afternoon is Sit and Stitch. If you're in the Kelowna area, feel free to join us at KVR Coffee in the Capri Center Mall, from 2-4 p.m.... every other Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. The weather has never influenced what I knit. At any time of the year I will knit whatever happens to interest me at the time. My problem is not enough hours in a day to do all of the knitting I would like to do, and accomplish everything else that must be done as well........LOL

    I can't wait to see the dress. It is going to be so lovely. You do amazing work.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Sandie said goes for me too.
    ritaknitting

    ReplyDelete