Sunday, February 01, 2009

I'm Stoked!

Yesterday being the lovely, sunny, crisp day that it was, John and I went for a walk. On our way back to the apartment, I insisted that we stop in at the used book store just up the street.


I like to drop in there now and then, just to see what they've got in the way of knitting books. I was not disappointed this time. There, on the shelf, in pristine condition, was a copy of Alice Starmore's "Book of Fair Isle Knitting". This book has been on my wish list since I borrowed it from the library last year. The marked price was $9.95, but when I brought it to the till to pay for it, I was informed that all crafting books were 30% off. I got this book for about $7.00! It was only after I'd paid for it that I let the clerk know that I'd seen this book online, through Amazon.com, for up to $120. I'd say I got a deal, wouldn't you?

I can see more fairisle knitting in my future.

Now, I leave you with a picture of Trinity with her new baby brother, while I get to my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment