Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time for and Update, I Think

It's been a while since I posted about the Butterfly dress. I know that Stacey (the bride) has been wondering how her dress is coming and she reads this blog, so.....

Although I haven't been working on it as much as I should have been in the last couple of weeks, it is definitely progressing. I've started the decreases to the waist on both front and back.

Butterfly Dress, Sept. 14/08

My intention was to work both at the same time on the same needle, but, seeing as the entire dress uses three balls of yarn and I'm knitting with two balls at once, I'll have a problem when those two balls are done. Besides, it feels as if I'm making more headway having one side on the go at a single time. Does that make sense?

This afternoon, I have the house to myself for a couple of hours, so I'll be working exclusively on the dress. That will result in progress, for sure!

Apart from Stacey and John (my John), no one else has seen the dress in person; I do not take it to Sit & Stitch or to the lace classes I'm teaching. I figure that the first person to see the dress in person should be it's owner, right? However, because I don't just knit at home, that means I have to have something else on the go. And, as you all know, that's never just one project.

Seeing as I finished the Sunshine and Shadows shawl, I've cast on for another shawl. Yeah, I know... I haven't finished the other three I have on the needles. Oh well, they'll all get finished at some point.

VLT's Handsome Triangle

The yarn is Rowan Kid Silk Haze in the colourway called "Marmalade". I'm using 4.5mm (US7) needles. The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today, "A Handsome Triangle".

VLT's Handsome Triangle 2

I found the beginning of this project to be a little confusing. The chart shows one half of the shawl, which isn't a problem. What confused me at first was the fact that the second half of the shawl is a mirror image of the first half. Once I got it straight in my mind, I had no problems with the pattern. It's a four row repeat, with patterning on each row. Incidentally, the colour in the first of the two pictures is the more accurate. It's definitely orange. That's okay, though. I like orange. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment