Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another Pattern Posted

Thank you, Shirley! She emailed me this morning to ask when I was going to post the Lacy Cantata Cap pattern. Silly me, I thought I already had. Imagine my surprise when I checked and realized it wasn't there. Well, it is now. Just go the the section entitled "My Patterns". It's at the bottom of that list. It contains both the written pattern and a chart, for simplicity's sake. Hopefully, there are no errors.

I've been having a couple of frustrating knitting days this weekend/week. I picked up the lacy camisole again (started last spring, out of Regia Silk sock yarn, from Knitters Stash). I did the shaping for the armholes and I'm five stitches short. I have, again, put it aside for now. I do NOT relish tinking that sucker. The entire front is lace. Knit in the round to the armholes. I'll have to tink it back, probably back to the beginning of the armhole shaping. *Big sigh*

To make me feel as if I'm actually accomplishing something, the Donegal Tweed cardi is back on the table again, too. I've got the stitch pattern for the front charted and am 12 rows into the first 15-row repeat. The fronts are the last pieces of the sweater to do; the back and arms are already finished. It feels good knowing that the end is in sight on that project. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of wear out of that cardigan! I'll post pictures of my progress when the pattern is a little more visible... 2 or 3 repeats, perhaps?

For now, I'm waiting on the cable guy. The kids who've moved in with us would like cable hooked up in their bedroom and that's happening some time this morning. More caffeine required.... I'll be back when there's an update.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know you've got that nasty house-sharing situation resolved and hope it works out better this time.

    I'm sorry about the lacy cami - tinking back anything in the round just takes so long. But, frankly, Ev, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who occasionally has problems like that :)

    ReplyDelete