Saturday, January 21, 2012

Not One Stitch

That’s how much knitting I did this week… not a single stitch. I have no idea why I haven’t been inspired to knit, but there it is. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing things though.

Some of my knitting time has been taken up by Pinterest, that’s for sure. And, some of that time wasted spent did result in some inspiration to do something different.

I showed you the wrapped bracelets; well, so far I’ve made four of them. One of them, meant to be a bracelet for one of my granddaughters, has a magnetic clasp that just doesn’t feel strong enough for a bracelet so I’ve made one to replace it. All in all, I’ve made one for my daughter (part of Pay It Forward 2012), one for each of my two granddaughters and the one I’ve put around Little Monkey’s neck. (Remember Little Monkey? You can see it/him/her in this post.)

Then, yesterday, I sat down with string, beads and buttons and made these…

The necklace isn’t quite finished yet; I haven’t figured out just how to finish up the closure… perhaps one of the magnetic clasps that doesn’t work for bracelets, perhaps a loop and bead… I just don’t know yet. I’ll have to think on it for a while.

I’m having fun and feeling very “hippy”. (Macramé, of course, was a very hippy kind of thing way back when I was in high school… these kids think they’ve come up with all this newfangled stuff… HA!)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a closure for the bracelet! I am going to show it to my youngest daughter. She makes bracelets out of hemp fibre, and I think this would work better than what she currently does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, everyone needs to do something different now and then. I love what you have chosen to do, and your finished items are proof that you seem to be enjoying yourself. Very unique and lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete