Saturday, January 14, 2012

Little Things Mean a Lot

This has been a week of little things. Not a lot of little things, but little things, quick and easy things. Fun stuff!

I’m not sure I should show pictures yet. I’ll think on it while I’m writing.

On Facebook, there has been something called “Pay it forward 2012”. Basically, you make something for the first five people who comment on your post; they, in turn, must repost and do the same for the first five people who comment on their post… and so forth. You have all of 2012 to make something for each person; it can be as simple as a cup of coffee, as long as it’s something handmade. As soon as I saw my sister post it, I was all in! It gives me a reason to think about those who commented and to make something with each person in mind.

At this point, there are three people on my pay it forward list. It’s been a lot of fun to think about each person and try to figure out what each might appreciate. Thus far, I already have two gifts completed. Neither was a major undertaking; that’s not the purpose.

One of the more difficult parts of this endeavour has been finding inspiration. That’s where Pinterest has been of enormous help! If you’ve never checked it out, do! There’s a section there called DIY & Crafts that has some wonderful ideas; I found one idea there for one of the people on my list.

No, I think I’d best keep the pictures until each person has received their gift.

2 comments:

  1. I have just signed up for Pinterest but have to admit I have no idea what to do with it. I need to spend some time looking at the site. I am afraid it might turn into a huge time sink hole though. I already have Ravelry for that and am not sure I need a similar thing added on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for Pinterest months back, but seldom get back to it. Just not enough time in the day, but you are right about finding interesting things there. And some great recipes too. :) I have a feeling you have found those too, knowing how much you enjoy cooking.

    ReplyDelete