Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some of This and Some of That

What a difference a month makes!


The top picture was taken a month ago, just after planting my herb garden. The bottom picture was taken this morning. After taking the picture, I pulled out the onions as they’re definitely ready for harvesting and enjoying. Everything has just gone crazy! We’ve already been harvesting some of the herbs and drying them (curly parsley and thyme, most notably). Now, I need to figure out what to do with the Italian parsley. It has really taken off. Any ideas?

Looks like something alive, doesn’t it? The pattern is Barb’s Koigu Ruffle scarf from Churchmouse Yarns, located on Bainbridge Island, Washington. The yarn is Koigu, 2 skeins of it. All in all, it was a very quick knit, a mostly mindless knit. I have a feeling I’ll probably knit more of these eventually. I still have a fair bit of fingering/sock weight yarn in my stash. I think these scarves would make great little gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing, and yes, the scarf did look alive, but I knew it was knitted yarn, just not what, at first. :) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete