Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apps for Knitters

While at our local Sit & Stitch this weekend, I was mildly teased about the apps I’ve downloaded. It seems I take the adage “There’s an app for that” somewhat seriously. Well, I HAVE found some good apps for knitters.

One that I’ve recently come across is 1, 2, 3 Knit. It isn’t a free app; it is, as far as apps go, a fairly expensive one at $2.99 but I’m really appreciating it.

123knit

As you can see, I have another lace project on the go. This counter is set up for the Queen Silvia shawl, from “Knitted Lace of Estonia” by Nancy Bush. In this case, the pattern is a 16-row repeat. Count A is my pattern count while the main counter, at the top, is the total number of rows completed. You can track up to 10 different pattern counts with this app. It also includes a built in calculator and you can take a photo of your project to use as a background for your counters.

calculatormaincount

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the moment, I have only two projects in the app, but I can see this being a very useful app, especially for something that has multiple patterns in the project, like an Aran sweater perhaps? 

Yes, there are other row counter programs. Yes, there are free row counters out there. I have to say, though, that I’m impressed with this one. It is intuitive and, in my opinion, pretty good looking. I’ll be using it more!

2 comments:

  1. I know they have apps like this for the computer, but I don't carry my desktop around with me. At least on the Iphone, you always have it with you, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using this app. I've tried some free ones too, but they just didn't do as much for me as 1,2,3.

    ReplyDelete