Friday, May 13, 2011

And it begins again…

Call me crazy. I went online to find a replacement for the Skacel Merino Lace weight yarn I’d been using for the Shetland Christening dress. I ordered some from Heirloom Knitting and it arrived this week. Unfortunately, it’s too natural, more of a beige than white. I also received a packet with samples from Colourmart. There were four samples. Two were too beige, one of which was also too heavy.

There were two, however, that were perfect. The best of the two is the Cashmere (yes, cashmere… it’s the little ball). It is by far the whitest of the samples and I think I’ll be putting in an order… as soon as I can find it on their website! (I did find out that this yarn isn’t posted on their site, it has to be requested. I’m in the process of doing that.)

And the swatching has begun. I don’t think I really need to swatch, but I do want to reacquaint myself with the pattern before I start over for real.

2 comments:

  1. My hats off to you. After almost completing the dress and then being disappointed by the yarn, I would not be so interested in starting again. This time it should be exquisite-knit with cashmere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How happy I am that I got here in time to read this. I'm so glad you are taking up the Christening Gown again, and I do hope the yarn does not disappoint this time. It's an amazing dress, and you are the perfect amazing knitter to make it. I wish you all the best with it. :)

    ReplyDelete