Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Taste of Pink

003

There is one thing I’ve never liked… liquid medication. Whether cough syrup or, as in this case, liquid antibiotics, I hate taking liquid meds. Even though they’re liquid, I’ll often gag on them. I think it has to do with the fact that I can actually taste the medicine. I can swallow large pills with no problem; I can swallow 3 or 4 large pills at one time. But, give me liquid medication, and I choke.

Have I ever mentioned that I really don’t like the colour pink? Add some orange to it to make it coral and I love it, but I don’t like pink.

This medicine is pink. Very pink. Bubble gum pink. And it tastes pink. I suppose it has to have a candy (strawberry? cherry? what IS it?) flavour so children will tolerate it. I hate it. Thankfully, with one dose remaining, I’ll be done with it today.

004Bring on the vitamins!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Wasn't that "pink" stuff the stuff I liked to drink when I was little? And yes, it's supposed to be strawberry flavor, it's funny, from my experience with the kids, they give the pink strawberry flavor to girls and the banana to the boys!

    I hope you're feeling better today! love you! ♥

    ReplyDelete