Monday, September 06, 2010

Another FO

With today being a holiday (Labour Day), I have some time to knit. I decided to go through some of my UFO’s yesterday and realized that one of them was just rows away from being an FO, so I pulled it out and got to work on it.

008As of today, the Wool Peddler’s shawl is finished (the picture above is pre-blocking) . Right now, it’s drying in my bedroom.

011This should have been finished a long time ago. It really is a very simple knit. I’m not sure why it got pushed to the side; I probably got bored with the simplicity of it. The pattern, as I’ve already mentioned, is the Wool Peddler’s shawl from Cheryl Oberle’s book “Folk Shawls”. It was knit on 4.0 mm needles using Marks & Katten’s Fame Trend yarn, a 75% superwash wool and 25% polyamid singles yarn. The yarn feels a little rough while knitting with it, but after washing, even while wet, it feels a lot softer, cosier. Once dry, all that will be left to do is to weave in the ends.

The shawl starts out with garter stitch, at the center of the top, then changes to horseshoe lace for the edging and finishes with a garter stitch border. It’s a very straightforward pattern, easy to remember and read. If you’re looking for an easy, yet pretty shawl, this is one I can recommend. I have a feeling it will see a fair bit of use this winter.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what it is about UFOs. So many people say they've pulled out a project that's been languishing and there's only a few rows left to knit, or some seaming, and it's done, and they wonder why they didn't just finish it before. I love finishing things!

    ReplyDelete