Friday, September 17, 2010

Now the Healing Begins

Yesterday (Thursday) was the big surgery day. Yesterday was, obviously, not fun but it did go well, according to my doctor. Today isn’t either, but at least I’m home. For any of you who didn’t know, I had just over half my thyroid removed because of a goitre. My doctor wanted to make sure there was nothing else going on, so he decided it was wisest to remove it. My thyroid was, and still is, functioning normally so I won’t need to go on any medication.

Now that I’m back home, I can heal. Being in the hospital is certainly no picnic. Being at home, I have my own personal care taker, who’s looking after me extremely well. (He might even drive me crazy with his tender loving care!) There will be some personal care challenges for the next couple of weeks, like not being allowed to shower for about two weeks. I’m just not allowed to get the incision site wet, so I’ll have to wash my hair at the kitchen sink; it’s been a long time since I’ve done that.

Now, if you are interested in what my doctor did to me, scroll down. If you’re at all squeamish, find another website right about now. By the way, thank you to all who left well wishes. Your comments are appreciated and your good thoughts were definitely felt. I wasn’t really nervous at all.

Back to regularly scheduled knitting now…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

003

No comments:

Post a Comment