Sunday, May 02, 2010

A Quick Response to Shirley

Shirley asked if I've ever made a yellow mustard (like French's). She can't get it where she lives (Finland). In response, no, I haven't but I did find a recipe for yellow mustard here. It sounds like it's fairly simple to make, so I may have to try it next time we run low on it.

The recipe refers to something called Wondra flour; I'm not familiar with that, but with a little online research I found this:

"You cannot buy it in Canada....it is an easy blend flour and the Canadian flour that is the same is Robin Hood Instant Blend flour...sold in an easy pour cannister type package not the typical bag like regular flour."

2 comments:

  1. I was born and lived in Texas until 2004 then moved here to South Dakota. We have Wondra flour in both states. The only cooking difference I see is that it does blend in easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting the link to the mustard. I looked for yellow mustard and the recipes didn't seem to match the ingredients for yellow mustard. I didn't think to try French's prepared!

    ReplyDelete