Sunday, February 14, 2010

We Are Canadian

Canadians are not known for their over-the-top patriotism; I think that's known the world over. We can be somewhat self-deprecating. There are times, though, when something comes along that makes Canadians proud to be Canadian. One of those moments, for me, came while watching the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics.

Don't get me wrong; this wasn't the only moment that made me proud to be Canadian but this particular moment really touched me. I think it sums us up quite nicely.

ETA: It looks like the video has been pulled from You Tube. I apologize for that. I'll try to upload the original video of "We Are More" later today, when I get home from work. In the interim, here's a link to it... We Are More.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the opening ceremonies and thought of you watching it. I thought it showed the different aspects of your country and the cultures really well. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete