Friday, December 25, 2009

A Quiet Christmas

I'm making terrific progress on the Ropes & Picots cardi this week! Because space is at a premium here in the apartment, I decided I may as well block the finished pieces. The second sleeve is over half finished now, and it will be blocked separately when it's done, but this way, I'll be able to start putting the cardigan together while waiting for the second sleeve to dry.

In this case, because the yarn is alpaca and merino, I'm not wet blocking it. I've pinned it out to measurement and laid a wet towel over it. It will take a day or so to dry, I'm thinking. I'm really getting excited now; I'll finally have a new cardigan to wear! Believe me, it's much needed.

In other things, it's a very quiet Christmas day here chez Skae. It's just John and myself; he's in the living room right now, reading a murder mystery and listening to Christmas music on cable (right now, it's Jingle Bell Rock). We'll be having a roasted chicken with dressing on the side later. If I can, I'll drag him out for a walk later, just for some air. It is, after all, a gloriously sunny, crisp day out there. It's definitely a green Christmas this year; the only snow we're seeing is on the mountain tops in the distance.

Back to my knitting now. I hope that you're all having just the kind of Christmas you want to have. Enjoy it, however you celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment