Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh, It Feels So Good!

The second sleeve is off the needles and on the floor, blocking! What a wonderful feeling it is, knowing that my final FO for 2009 will be this cardigan and not something little. There are times I feel that "little" things don't really qualify as "real" knitting. Silly, I know. Knitting is knitting.

By tomorrow, I'll be able to put it all together and work the button and neck bands, which are all knit at the same time. I'll consider the cardigan finished at that point; it will still need snaps, but I don't have them yet. It will mean a trip to the fabric store, something I really don't feel like facing yet. Maybe one day next week, I will, but nonetheless, I'll consider the project finished as long as I get the bands done.

Today, however, there will be no more knitting. Talk of knitting, certainly, but no knitting. My sister and brother-in-law, from Lethbridge (she of Capricious Cogitation*) will be visiting this afternoon. I'm looking forward to seeing them. If you read her blog at all (if not, why not??), you'll know she's a pretty decent photographer, crafter and sometime knitter. We always have plenty to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. That is such wonderful news. You will have a brand new sweater to meet and greet the New Year with. I can't think of a better way to start the year 2010. Good for you.

    I hope you had a wonderful Xmas and a very prosperous and healthy 2010.

    :)

    ReplyDelete