Saturday, September 26, 2009

Miralda Update

Both John and I have been hit with a nasty cold this week. I think I'm over the worst of it now, thankfully, but it's been a rough week around here. It's podcast week, but I'm just not feeling up to it yet, so I won't push it.

About the only thing I have energy for (and not much of it) is Miralda. This shawl is working up very quickly and it's a fun knit. I wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn, so I did pick up another skein. Then, after I got home, I was going through my stash and found another half skein of the same yarn. It seems I'll be making another shawl in this yarn... some day. Around here, laceweight yarn will not go to waste.

As you can see, Miralda is worked from the bottom up, making each row shorter than the last. I'm now working the last chart of the pattern and I may just have it finished this weekend.

I have decided that I will go ahead and get the yarn for the christening dress. It's been on my mind all week and all of your comments have contributed to my decision. Whether it goes to a charity auction or to someone in the family (Gail?? Are you telling me something???) remains to be seen. There's plenty of time to make that decision.

As for right now, though, I'm going back to my knitting.

1 comment: