Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dinner Is Served!

Well, it WAS served last night. And it was a HUGE hit! As John said at one point, "It's like having sex on a plate!". Yes, it was that good!

When I first met John, he told me at one point that he wasn't much of a soup person. He didn't think that soup qualified as the basis for a meal. Every time I've made soup, though, he's loved it. Last night was no different. He took one sip of his soup and his eyes actually widened in appreciation. 

The Spanakopita (the two larger triangles) and the Sausage Rolls were no different. The larger bowl contains Tzatziki, which is a must have when you're eating spanakopita and pita bread. I wanted John to make the tzatziki, but he walked me through it; it turned out just as good as everything else did. 

I've posted the recipes for the spanakopita and the sausage rolls in the sidebar. If you make either of these, let me know how they turn out. Mmm... I'm getting hungry again!


On the knitting front, earlier this week, I decided to use up the ball of pink Lanett that I had to buy for the little dress. All I needed it for were the cast on row for the sleeves and the cast off row for the skirt of the dress, so I had almost a full ball just sitting here. Pink isn't a colour I use a lot of, so I decided to cast on for a small sweater for the same little girl.

I decided to knit the "Baby Sweater on Two Needles; Practically Seamless" from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book "Knitter's Almanac". Having gone through pages and pages of projects on Ravelry, it looked like I might be able to get away with just the one ball of yarn. However, as you can see in the picture below, there's not enough yarn left to finish the body of the sweater.

I had to pick up another ball of the yarn. Oh well, I'll be using a good portion of it in the sweater, so I don't mind too much. I'm hoping to have this little sweater finished this afternoon. It will be my Sit & Stitch project for today. 

Tomorrow, I'll be spending some quality time with the little boy's sweater because it needs to be finished by the end of next week. (And it will.)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking, if not enough for an entire sweater, then maybe a shrug. It will be a wonderful compliment to the dress, as it matches the edging being the same yarn. Whatever you make with it will be lovely. :)

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete