Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Brief Post

It's a lovely Sunday here in Kelowna. John and I have decided to make the trip up to Kalamalka Lake in a little while. We'll be checking out a couple of fruit stands, hopefully coming home with fresh peaches, and whatever else looks good. From what we've sampled so far, it's a good year for fruit. The cherries, blueberries, nectarines and apricots have been very sweet and juicy; hopefully the peaches will be the same. We'll also be sampling the waters of Kal Lake (going swimming!).

Knitting has been stalled this week. Both John and I have been reading a fair bit; we've each read four books in the space of two weeks. Since I haven't found a way of reading and knitting at the same time (apart from the occasional audio book), knitting has suffered.

However, yesterday was Sit 'n Stitch, so I started another little bear. Meet Strawbeary...


I know... he/she doesn't have a face yet. That will come, but not until I'm inspired. The bottom picture is there as a comparison, to show the difference in size. Strawbeary is made with Patons Classic Merino on 4.0 mm needles. The pattern is Annita Wilschut's Carolus. I can highly recommend this pattern; it's well written and very easy to follow.

Incidentally, the tag on the little bear's neck reads "My name is Sammie. I'm a little bear looking for a BIG sister." Sammie will, as I've posted before, be going to Sam when her little sister is born.

Now, I'm off to get dressed for a road trip.

3 comments:

  1. Just bought a case of peaches that came from Oliver. YUMMY. They do seem to be quite juicy this year. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawbeary will be adorable once he/she has a face. Looks pretty good without one too......LOL

    I bought 2 doz tomatoes, and I'm having a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through your plug on Ravelry today. I adore these bears! Your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete