Saturday, June 07, 2008

Where does the time go?

I just realized that I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks; time has flown! The knitting is going well. Icarus has 6 completed repeats; there's really no point in showing you because it's still in the striped section, nothing interesting to see. It's become my tv knitting because, at this stage, it's relatively mindless.

The Heartland Shawl, for my mother, is moving more slowly. The pattern is not intuitive (even the designer, Evelyn Clark, agrees... I'm in a Ravelry KAL for this shawl, and she's involved in it as well), the yarn is dark and it just isn't easy to see the individual stitches. I may yet decide to scrap this one in favour of a different pattern. We'll see. Right now, I've completed one repeat and the first two rows of the second repeat. I'm out by one stitch. I assume it's a missed yarn over, but I can't find it so I'll have to tink back the two rows. *sigh*

This little lovely, though, is moving right along.

Photobucket

The picture does not do justice to the yarn. It's a lovely leaf green. The pattern is Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl, my second go at this pattern. It's a very comfortable knit, easy to read, easy to memorize. The beads are for the lily of the valley section. Instead of nupps, I'll be using beads; I had planned on using pearl beads, but thought they might be a little too stark. These beads are opalescent and look very nice on the green. There are three sizes of beads in the packet I bought, and there are five nupps in each pattern repeat, so I've decided to use 2 large beads, 2 medium beads and 1 small bead for each repeat.

Photobucket

The yarn, as you can see, is KnitPicks Shadow, 100% merino laceweight yarn. I love this yarn! I love the colour, I love the texture. Did you happen to notice the needles? Yep, I got me some KP Harmony needles and I love them! They're pretty. They're slick, with just the right amount of grab for lace knitting. I highly recommend these needles.

This week, I was tagged for a meme (how do you pronounce that, anyway? Me-Me? Mem?). I have my answers ready to go, but I don't want to post an insanely long post today. I have to decide who else to tag as well, and I haven't yet. This is one of the few memes that I have decided to participate in, as the questions are more interesting and reflective. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

One last thing. For anyone interested, yesterday John took a bunch of pictures at the college, where he's one of the gardeners. This morning, I showed him how to upload the pictures and make photo albums on Picture Trail. If you'd like to see some of his handiwork, and where he works, feel free to peruse the pictures here (or there) ----> click here.

Now, it's time for some food and then back to knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment