Saturday, March 29, 2008

FO!

Photobucket

I wonder what THAT could be, besides one ugly sun-bleached towel that was used as a chair cover? A clue? You'd like a clue? Maybe this will help.

Photobucket

I'm sure that by now you've realized that the alpaca shawl is finished and that it's hiding beneath a damp towel for blocking. Good guessing! I pinned it out dry, misted it with water, then applied a wet (damp) towel; once dry and unpinned, I'll post another picture, just to give you a better idea of what the shawl really looks like. In the meantime, here's how it looked pre-blocked...

Photobucket

Margie stopped by the print shop this week with another ball of alpaca for me. I wasn't in much of a mood for knitting that night, but I did finish it the following evening and have had it wrapped around me every evening since. Alpaca is so warm and cozy! I can already tell that I'll get a lot of use out of this shawl. And this is what's left of the yarn...

Photobucket

Yes, I have started something with the remainder. I won't tell you what it is just yet; for one thing, I haven't exactly decided. All I'll say is that I've cast on 64 stitches on 2.25 mm needles and am working 1x1 rib. For now, this project is a mystery project. And that's all I'll say on that matter.

On another matter, allow me to introduce a new member to my (knitting) family.

Photobucket

I have quite a few ideas for sweaters floating around in my mind, some of them already on paper, but I have no intention of knitting every single one of them, especially not in adult sizes. That would be a LOT of knitting and a lot of time. I've read numerous suggestions by other knitters that recommend knitting child-sized or doll-sized versions of sweater designs. I like that idea, so today, on my walkabout, I stopped in at the thrift store just down the way from us (not even a block away) and found this little plastic person. For $3.00, I have myself a model. Hopefully, you'll be seeing more of this LPP (little plastic person) in the not-too-distant future.

Having this LPP in my home also ensures that, when my granddaughters come to visit, there will be at least one toy for them to play with. That's always a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. The shawl is lovely - and I'm sure the alpaca is absolutely heavenly!

    I ran across this idea:
    http://aemmeleia.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/eye-of-partridge-shawl/

    ...this morning and think it's pretty interesting! Got any sock yarn you're not using?

    ReplyDelete