Saturday, April 09, 2011

It’s All Good!

This week has absolutely flown by! I guess it helps that I had last Friday and this past Monday and Tuesday off. A three day work week does go by quickly.

Both of my daughters are now settled in their new homes (yes, both of them moved… one the previous week – her place flooded – and the younger one moved the weekend I was there). I visited all three of my kids and got to see all of the grandkids (the ones that live in town, at any rate). My new car made it safely home, in spite of the snow that was falling up at both summits of the Coquihalla Highway and the Connector.

In the remaining part of the week, I did manage to get some knitting done. It wasn’t much but I did work on the Mini Mochi hat #2. It came along with me to Sit & Stitch today, where progress was made.

This is going to be one pretty hat, I can tell already. I have a feeling it will see a lot of wear next fall and winter.

I’ve also been playing with my iPod this week. I’ve downloaded a couple of photography apps and have been having some fun with them. One that I’m really liking is FX Photo Studio. With it, you can add photo effects to any picture you either take or have in your iPod photo album. Here’s one example of what I mean.

And yes, the tulips are up, but they’re not quite blooming yet. Speaking of growing things, we found out that J (the upstairs neighbour) and his son will be heading north in a few weeks. He intends to get a job in a mine. That means, however, that the job of looking after the garden falls to us (D, his partner, has absolutely no interest in gardening; seems she doesn’t like to get her hands dirty). That’s not a bad thing. We have intentions of growing a good crop of vegetables, mainly things like beans, corn, tomatoes (we already have almost 40 seedlings started) and some herbs, most notably basil… lots of basil. The garden already has strawberries, raspberries, grapes and several herbs (sage, marjoram and who knows what else?). Our landlord was even suggesting that we exchange produce. If he has a bumper crop of something, he would share with us and we could share our excess with him. I like that idea. With the cost of produce going up and up, it just makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment