Sunday, April 24, 2011

Exercise in Futility

I’ve been working on the Shetland Christening dress again this morning. It has not been going well.

Yup, I’ve taken it off the needles. I’m giving up on it. I fear that the yarn just doesn’t have the strength to survive the inevitable blocking process so I’d rather give up on it at this point than attempt to finish it and not have it make it through the blocking. Perhaps, one day, I’ll decide to knit it again but, for now, this project is a no-go.

Incidentally, I can see no evidence of critter activity in the ball of yarn, so I do not understand why it’s simply breaking (pretty much every other row at this point).

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so sad! Not worth the aggravation if the yarn keeps breaking. Maybe it's something to do with how you stored it? Not sure what though. I've stored wool yarn for decades and it's still fine. Unless it got m*ths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was you on Ravelry, I was a bit confused because you have a new Ravatar.
    I don't think you've given up on it, the yarn has made the decision for you..

    ReplyDelete