Saturday, December 06, 2008

The wait is over

You've all been so patiently waiting for pictures of THE dress on a live body. I won't make you wait any longer. Stacey came to pick up the dress on Thursday evening and tried it on for the two ladies she was with. Naturally, it was a great photo op.


It was also a big hit. The dress looks fantastic on her, if I do say so myself. Actual wedding pictures have been promised and will be posted when I get them.

In other things, I've cast on a shawl that will be a gift for my mother. (Are you surprised?) It's the Faroese shawl from "A Gathering of Lace". I haven't taken any pictures of it yet because, at the moment, it's a 2-3" wide strip. The shawl is worked from the outside edge to the center top. It's a garter stitch shawl, which is making it very "cushy". I promised my mother a shawl last time I was there, with the proviso that she wear it and not tuck it away in a drawer. Shawls should be used, even if it's only to wrap yourself in while watching tv.

Pictures will follow in time.

One more note... I've added a couple more patterns to my free pattern site. New this moring are the Top Down Slip Stitch hat, the Men's Toque a la Strellson, and the Bubblehead hat patterns.
Let me see if I can find pics for these patterns...

Photobucket

Top Down Slip Stitch hat, worked from the top down in worsted weight wool. I did this particular one in Paton's Classic Wool.

Photobucket

Men's Toque a la Strellson. The inspiration for this hat came from a magazine ad for Strellson, a men's wear designer. John liked the look of the hat and asked if I could copy it. I did and it is one of his favourite hats.

Photobucket


The Bubblehead hat. This particular one is made with a Fleece Artist variegated yarn and a solid contrasting colour. The original yarn was classified as a dk weight, but I found it to be more of a worsted weight. It's a fun hat and has been a fairly popular pattern.

These patterns and more can be found at Strings 'n Things Designs, the free pattern page. Enjoy!










4 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, the dress is beautiful, and looks gorgeous on Stacey! Congratulations for getting it all done, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous dress, Ev. So glad she liked it and it fit and it all came together! :)

    Oh, like the hats too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Even greater than I imagined. It really looks so good on Stacey and really fits her well.

    ReplyDelete