Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Love a Deal!

I do. Everyone loves a good deal. That said, a good deal is only a good deal if it’s a deal on something I’ll use. If it’s something I’ll never use, and I pay for it, it isn’t a good deal.

Here are a few of the good deals John and I have scored over the last few years.

(The TV tray that you see behind the shelf unit is part of a set of three that were also a good deal… $5.00 for the three TV tables. Yes, they’re not the prettiest or most fashionable, but when you want to eat dinner while watching a movie, they work!)

I found this Black & Decker coffee maker at the thrift store in the strip mall where I work. The marked price on it was $8.00 but it was half price day so… $4.00. That was about 4 years ago. Not bad!

And that’s just a sampling!

Well, this week I came home with another thrift store score. It wasn’t free; for a thrift store find, it was fairly expensive. I have to tell you, though, it was a pretty sweet deal.

This is a cast iron braising pan. Believe me, this sucker is heavy! It’s about 12” across and about 2” deep and I love it! For dinner last night, I made Pork Medallions in a Mushroom Marsala  Sauce, served with Buttermilk Mashed potatoes and Lemon Garlic Broccoli. I think I can honestly say I’ve never had a dish come together so beautifully, so quickly and have the pan clean so easily. What a treat! I think we’ll be using this pan a lot!

Oh yeah.. the cost? $25.00

No comments:

Post a Comment