Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Oh, There You Are!

And here I am. I’m not gone; I haven’t given up on the blog. I’ve just been a little busy. August was a very busy month for us, or for me, really.
My birthday was in August and I was expecting my youngest daughter and her two kids to come visit us for almost a week. That fell through, unfortunately, when the kids developed a case of head lice and they weren’t allowed to travel with their dad, who was going to drive them part of the way here. Instead, I surprised her and drove down to the coast to spend five days with all my kids and grandkids. It turned out to be a wonderful week!
I was able to spend time with all three of my kids and all but one of my grandkids. It was a lot of fun watching my two oldest grandsons with their bikes.
And yes, Adrian’s bike has no brakes (first pic) If I could have, I would have had his bike repaired or tried to find him a replacement, but I didn’t have the time or the funds while I was there.
When I knew that Oceanna and Teagen were coming to visit, I had planned to give them each a “treasure box” to decorate and use for any little “treasures” they may have accumulated while they were visiting. I took those boxes with me and allowed the kids to decorate the boxes and use them for whatever they wanted. Later that day, we went out for lunch, and then to the local water park.
I also spent time with my older daughter and her kids but, I’m ashamed to say, I didn’t get any pictures of them. We spent some time in the pool with the kids and Ethan was a source of uninterrupted time of hilarity. He is definitely a character!
Once I got back home, I very quickly got back into the routine of work, home, and garden. Already, both our fridge and freezer are filled (and I do mean filled!). Anything else that needs processing will have to be canned or dried because there is no more room in either the fridge freezer or the deep freeze. This is a good problem to have!
Knitting time has been scarce, as you can well imagine. Now, though, that the weather is cooling off a little, I’m hoping I’ll be inspired to pick up the needles again.
For now, enough. I’ll update you about the knitting this weekend, hopefully. Although… John’s birthday is this Friday so this may be another busy weekend. *Sigh*

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very full August! Nice to see you back at your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is the perfect time to get back into knitting, once the harvest is in!

    ReplyDelete