Sunday, November 06, 2011

The Brown Blob

It’s growing! And not looking half bad, if I might be so bold as to say. It’s been a while since I’ve knitted with yarn this heavy. I much prefer knitting with finer yarns, but I must admit the knitting goes much more quickly with a heavier yarn.

As of yesterday, the body and sleeves of the sweater are finished (they’re knit in one piece) and I’ve started one of the front pieces.

And, just to show detail…


That’s at the very back, bottom of the sweater. The same “fagotting” (yes, that’s what it’s called… no snickering!) is down the center of the front panels, with increases along either side (the holes along the right and left). It’s a nice-looking way of increasing.

Already, I can tell that I will have to reinforce the neck edge somewhat. That’s the cast on edge and it’s quite stretchy. The pattern suggests using a single crochet along the neck edge, but I think I’ll use a crab stitch instead (basically, a backwards single crochet; it’s just a little prettier).

Hmm… I’ve just been studying the pattern schematic. I may have that front piece in the wrong place. Good thing it isn’t sewn in yet. I’ll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment