Saturday, May 24, 2008

One More FO

Finally, the Pi Are Squared shawl is off the needles! It's been a long go of it, especially the border. Here it is, on a queen sized bed, with my glasses on it for the sake of comparison. It's not a small shawl!

Photobucket

Interestingly, when I had it off the needles, John said he might just claim this one as his own. He loves the colours, loves the texture, loves the drape... just plain old loves it! I must say that the garter stitch does give this shawl a nice cushy feel. It's very cozy. It sits well on the shoulders and comes down far enough on the back to feel very comfy and warm.

The yarn is Sirdar's Country Style DK (75% acrylic, 25% wool), worked on a 4.5 mm needle (US 7?). I started it in February and finished it this week. I haven't blocked it since it is mostly acrylic (talk about stash busting!), but I may need to block it slightly as I don't like the ruffled effect of the last increase section. That's easily done with a damp towel and some steam.

Now, I'm off to knit some more. I've just re-started Icarus (the first one was frogged after I discovered small holes that I couldn't repair... remember?) in the same yarn, a copper coloured Jaggerspun Zephyr. It's moving along quite nicely already. And, I'm going to watch the hockey game, the first in the final series of the run for the Stanley Cup, between the Detroit Red Wings and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Should be a good series!

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! I had to chortle over John's attempted appropriation - if you want to keep it, hide it!

    Nice stash-busting project too :)

    ReplyDelete